When I say I am a Christian:
- I’m not shouting “I’m wonderful.” Rather, I am whispering "I was lost but now I'm found and forgiven."
- I don’t speak this with pride. Rather, I am confessing that I stumble and need Jesus to be my guide"
- I’m not trying to be strong. Rather, I am professing that I'm week and need His strength to carry on!
- I'm not bragging of success. Rather, I am admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess!
- I’m not claiming to be perfect, because my flaws are far too visible, but God still believes I am worth it!
- I still feel the sting of pain and have my share of heartaches, but I can call upon His name!
Please share this story with others, especially with those who may not have a clear understanding of what it means to be a Christian. This will help to dispel the myth that Christians think they are superior to others.
Devotedly your pastor,