It’s that time of year again, isn’t it? We’re going to lose weight, exercise more, get out of debt, stick to a budget, stop smoking, save for the future, and spend more time with family. We make these resolutions because we want to bring change to bear upon our circumstances. And it seems that the top resolutions for most of us tend to revolve around the same three issues: money, health, and family.
But what would a set of New Year’s resolutions look like if we made them with the intent of living a strategic life that was more fully invested in the Kingdom? Have you ever thought about that? Well, although many more could be added, may I list 10 such types of resolutions for us to consider?
- Find ways to invest your spiritual gifts more fully in ministry
- Get more intentional about sharing your faith
- Develop patterns of thought and behavior to grow more spiritually
- Make tough decisions that you know are best
- Confront debilitating patterns of sin
- Work hard to develop community with those in your church family
- Quit comparing yourself to other Christians and churches
- Prioritize your family better
- Love people, not just crowds
- Stay focused on the overall purpose that God has for your life
Devotedly your pastor,